|मुख्य विशेषताएँ||1. Accounts can be opened jointly with other Non-Resident Indians. |
2. Deposits can be made by remittances from abroad or by transfer of funds from existing NRE accounts of the customer.
3. Joint accounts with resident Indians who are close relatives (as defined in Section 6 of Companies Act, 1956) of the NRI are permitted only on �Former (NRI) or Survivor (resident)� basis
4. Deposits can be opened in any one of the foreign currencies viz., Pound Sterling, US Dollar, EURO, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, JPY, CHF, DKK and SEK. *
5. Deposit accounts cannot be opened/closed by a power of attorney holder.
* JPY � Japanese Yen, CHF � Swiss Franc, DKK � Danish Krone, SEK � Swedish Krona
|पात्रता||Non-Resident Indians / Persons of Indian Origin|
|लाभ||1. No Exchange loss to the customers as interest and principal amounts are payable in the same currency in which it is deposited. |
2. Loan Facility is available up to a maximum of Rs.100 lakhs as per the extant RBI guidelines.
3. Nomination facility is available. - - Nominee can either be a resident in India or a resident outside India .
|खाते का प्रकार||FDR / RIP|
|कर लाभ||1. Interest earned on these accounts is free from income tax. |
2. Funds invested in FCNR accounts by Non-Residents are free from Wealth Tax.
|न्सूनतम राशि||No such stipulation|
|अधिकतम राशि||No such stipulation|
|न्यूनतम अवधि||1 year|
|अधिकतम अवधि||5 year|